Life FM’s Holiday Season Favourite Recipes!
This time of year is filled with parties, get-togethers, and end-of-year breakups. Even after Christmas, it’s New Year’s parties, school holiday catch-ups, and summer BBQs with friends. Whether it’s Savoury or Sweet that you need, we have you covered at Life FM with some old-school favourites that are quick and easy to make but taste amazing.
Weet Bix Balls
8 Weet-Bix (140g)
395g can sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 ¼ cups desiccated coconut
1. Place Weet-Bix in a large snap-lock bag. Using a rolling pin, coarsely crush. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Stir condensed milk, sifted cocoa, and ¾ cup of the coconut into Weet- Bix. Mix well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until firm.
3. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Roll in the remaining coconut. Refrigerate until firm.
4. You can add a handful of sultanas if you would like to.
400g condensed milk
200g sweet crushed biscuits (Chocolate Ripple works well)
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup desiccated coconut
Icing sugar (enough to cover with)
200g hard mints, finely chopped (Menz Crown mints or home brand mints work well for this) Note the mints are hard to chop. Putting them in a bag and smashing them with a hammer works really well.
1. Combine sweet crushed biscuits, cocoa, coconut, icing sugar, and mints in a bowl and mix together.
2. Add condensed milk and mix.
3. Roll the mint mixture into long thin logs.
4. Sprinkle the logs with icing sugar.
5. Place the logs onto a tray and refrigerate until firm or overnight.
6. Cut log into 2cm pieces and serve.
Nuts and Bolts
250g salted peanuts
1(45 g) packet cream of chicken soup mix (powder mix)
1(45 g) packet French onion soup mix (powder mix)
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1⁄2 cup warm canola oil
1. Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
2. Stir through the oil until all dry ingredients are coated
Make the nuts and bolts in the containers that you want to store them in.
You can swap out the canola oil for olive oil.
Use Brand name peanuts, it makes a difference.
Double the recipe and put some nuts and bolts in a cute jar for an unusual gift.
Other Articles You May Like
This week on the Grassroots SA Sports Show with Hutts...